Date: 28 January 2019
On this day I, Cheyenne Martodikromo, have decided to write my own blog. On this blog of mine I will write about my own personal experiences in life, publish a few of my poems and about topics that interest me.
Before I start writing about these topics I would like to first introduce myself. Who I am, the field of study that I’ve chosen, what my interests/ hobbies are, things I am passionate about and so forth. So, here goes!
My name is Cheyenne Martodikromo and I am 20 years of age. I am from the continent South America and I live in a land called Suriname. A very beautiful land with lots of nature, different cultures, many languages but also delicious food. The Surinamese flag has four colors and also has a star. The colors are green, white, red and yellow (the star). I would like to give a short explanations what these colors mean.
- Green symbolizes the fertility of the land, our country Suriname.
- White represents the freedom, justice and peace.
- Red symbolizes the progress and struggle for a better life.
- Yellow, the color of the star symbolizes the hope for a “golden” future, and also unity of all the different races in our country to help build a beautiful future for our Suriname.
The school I am attending is called Anton de Kom University, and the field of study I have chosen is Environmental Science. Many people have asked me why I chose this field of study and as an answer I have always told them that I am passionate about our nature and our environment. During some classes I have even found out that a slight change in our nature can cause a whole change. Think about CLIMATE CHANGE!!! Yes, yes, yes!!! Climate change can even have an impact on our lives, not only does it bring natural disasters such as hurricanes, flooding, tsunami’s, but also an impact on our health and even personal relationships.
Let’s continue with my introduction. Well, as a person I may or may not have hobbies. I mean every person is different right, not everyone must have hobbies. But I guess i do, so, what do I love? (Hums) Of course I love food like any other human being. Food has been my very first love of my life. Sounds silly, but I think food has been everyone’s first love. Right?
I love reading, any book that has romance, thriller, comedy, actually something that will keep me on the edge of my chair will do. But not only these genres do I read, but reading a book that will surely give a hand in my self-development process, is a very great book for me. A book I am reading at the moment is RICH DAD POOR DAD BY ROBERT KIYOSAKI. I just love that book.
So my hobbies in order are:
- writing poems (yes oh yes, I write poems. Over the last 3 years I have been writing poems. Probably more about heart breaks *giggles*. After a heart break every person can suddenly become a poet right. But honestly I have always loved writing poems. And I hope with this blog of mine I can share some of it with all of you);
- cycling (even though I haven’t cycled for almost 2 years now, I still love doing it. Whenever I cycle, it is like I am imagining I am in this broad way show and then a fun song just pops in my head. Such a sunny weather and me, a fun girl, cycling, enjoying a beautiful sunny day);
- watching movies (who doesn’t love watching a good movie in bed. That is how my lazy Sunday looks like);
- learning new things;
- cooking ( I am the chef in my own kitchen, experimenting all kinds of weird food that actually turn out delicious *evil laugh*);
- while I love cooking, a very important hobby that goes with it is eating.
Should I reveal a bit about my personal life? Maybe or maybe not. Maybe just a bit. I am currently in a very loving and understanding relationship with the most crazy (good crazy I must add), annoying, funniest, quite good-looking, and very caring guy. As his own person he has tons of great qualities. As my partner he helps me with my personal growth. He has inspired me to start with my own blog. I can 100% say that he is MY MUSE!
I would love to share my plans for 2019. The questions is will I do it on my next post? All I can say is stay tuned! Have a great day and make the most out of it! Until next time!